PS3 on a Samsung LCD, having black screen and 'Mode not supported' display?

BlackOps1

Nov 28, 2012
I'm having a problem with my 160 GB PS3 Slim. Ever since we bought this one and a half year ago, it didn't have any problems but I've encountered something yesterday. When connected to 1080p it displays 'Mode not supported' and 'No signal' on our TV then goes black screen then on again. It randomly appears then goes back to XMB then goes to the error again. We already tried the Hold power button then change the resolution but still no luck. I've read somewhere that this might be a handshake problem. We tried using different cables, no luck. But when we tried 1080i on a different HDTV, it works. But no 1080p. We want to play no matter what the resolution is. How do we set it to 1080i for us to play? Again, we already tried the 'Hold power button' technique and also, we tried changing it through display settings.. But still it doesn't work and the error randomly appears. There are also solutions all over the web that said the need to buy an HDMI Switch? What's that for? Do we really need it? We're having a headache here..

BTW, please don't tell me to bring it to Sony Store.. We all know it's not gonna help. Ugh. Even if they'll replace it. Just please don't answer it with Hold power technique and bring it to sony store.
Already tried different several TVs. It works on 1080i not in 1080p. Please don't tell me to play it in 1080i because I couldn't change the resolution even by doing the hold power button technique.

Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_G4f3OyGzY

Back