ReSound LiNX launches in the New Zealand market this month as a revolutionary hearing aid capable of streaming high-quality stereo sound from an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch without the need for an additional pendant-like device. Users can also customise their hearing experience through the ReSound Smart App.ReSound LiNX allows wearers to utilise their hearing aids to talk on the phone and listen to music in high-quality stereo sound without the need for an additional remote control, accessory or pendant.
The device is based on a number of ReSound technologies which already lead the hearing aid industry. One of the technologies in use is ReSound LiNX, an integrated sound processing technology which applies an advanced version of Surround Sound by ReSound.
The accompanying ReSound Smart App allows users to set preferred volume levels as well as treble/bass settings, and use geo-tagging to assign and adjust to the acoustics of frequently visited places like home, work, favourite restaurants and more. ReSound Smart also features a ‘Find My Hearing Aid’ function to help users pinpoint their hearing aids if misplaced.
This advance in hearing aid technology will be available through a global network of hearing care professionals.
Allister Daly, General Manager, ReSound NZ, says “We saw an opportunity to create the world’s best hearing aid by combining the capability of GN ReSound’s life-changing technologies with the compatibility and global prevalence of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
“We are committed to improving people’s lives through the use of this innovative technology and look forward to more people correcting their hearing with this new device – a triumph in accessibility for the hearing impaired."
Mike Chunn has taken on the role of GN ReSound LiNX NZ Ambassador. As a former member of iconic New Zealand bands Split Enz and Citizen Band, and current CEO of the Play It Strange Trust fostering young musicians and songwriters, Chunn has a unique appreciation of the importance of hearing.

Chunn says, “With my musical background and current commitments, hearing is vitally important. That’s why I jumped at the opportunity to be involved with such an exceptional product. The technology is a real game-changer, giving people back that control and connectivity that is often lost when their hearing breaks down. I am extremely excited to be on board.”