Trouble with 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ?

Marius

Jul 29, 2008
I just bought a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport Edition 2D for $2,000. It has 128,000 miles on it and it's my first car.
It DID NOT come with a owner's manual.
I have some questions about it.
1. None on the lights on the right panel are lit up. I don't know if there are lights there, but it looks like is should be. Should there be lights there or is the panel broken?
2. The Part-Time light does not light up on the left panel. I had the car in 4H before, but not driving. Is it supposed to light up when 4WD is on, or is the panel broken?
3. When cornering, the front or rear(usually rear) makes this grinding noise. Like some metal is moving in it's permanent state. What is this? Is it normal or not?
4. While braking hard, the passenger side back wheel slides. I'm pretty sure it's only the passenger side wheel. Is this normal or is something wrong?
5. I had new brake pads put it in, but the brakes still make a screeching sound while braking. Why does it do this?
6. When accelerating in D gear, the floor shakes. Why is it doing that?
7. The check engine light is on. Is this a cheap or expensive fix?
8. Both sides, under the doors, have 2 rust holes on the bottom beam. A rust hole on the inside and outside. Could that pose a problem?

Thank you so much in advance. :)

Back