Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any ideas on healthy meals i can cook up at home?

What are some easy (healthy) meals to cook? i want to start losing weight, and i don't really know any healthy meals to cook. thanks for the help!:-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the easiest quick and healthy meal is steamed veg and a something veggie grilled, such as a Quorn burger or tofu based sausages.

If you get a steamer everything is really simple. I usually do potatoes plus two other veg eg carrots and broccoli. The key to doing it quickly is to slice the potatoes up like you would slice a carrot into rings. Then they cook pretty quickly.

I put the potatoes in the steamer first, with the water already boiling from a kettle, and while they have a head start I wash and slice the other veg. When all the other veg is ready I just put it in with the potatoes and they all come good at same time.

The burger or whatever can be grilling slowly throughout. I have it with ketchup and/or a knob of margarine on the veg. This whole process takes about 15 minutes from walking in the kitchen to on plate.

A good filler for snack lunch is instant noodles. They are kind of neutral on the health front but I find them surprisingly filling and sustaining, which means they win by virtue of me not then snacking on a load of chocolate etc.

Combine the two by having noodles with steamed veg (not potatoes tho) and veggie mince (fry in a pan with a little oil).