Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honda Civic 2001 LX Model jerking and stopping in traffic?

I drive a Honda Civic 2001 LX model. The car has recently developed a strange habit of stopping in traffic. If there is no traffic, the car moves fine without stopping but only jerks few times. However, in traffic gridlocks, the car just stops with the check engine light, key light, battery and engine oil light all lit up. If turns off and restarts, the car starts immediately though it might crank for long but it starts at first attempt. After few minutes, it will stop again and the cycle repeats. Automobile diagnostic tool shows errors P0340 AND P0341 as well as one other error i cant remember the code - about no DTC definition error. My technician seems confused! can anyone be of help. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know anything about the error codes, but I had a similar problem with my car last year. It would also stall in traffic, show check engine light, battery light & oil light, and would also start back up straight away. It turned out to be that my rubber hosing which connects the MAF for the engine block had perished & formed small cracks, which would open up under stop/start traffic conditions and cause too much air to enter the combustion chamber & stall the car.
    If you have had a technician look over the car, I would have thought he would have noticed something like this, but still, it's worth checking over your MAF hoses & checking for possible leaks. Replacement parts aren't too expensive...
    Hope you can sort this out quickly.