2000 Jeep Wrangler heater core?

Dragonflyshan

Nov 22, 2008
SO we (my husband and I ) decided to tackle a heater core change on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler. We watched videos and read up on doing it. NO ONE mentioned the AC needed to be bled..which means messing with a whole new territory. Of course we got the dash off, ready to pull the box with the heater core in it and bam...we get stumped on what to do now with the AC. Apparently starting the jeep up and taking it to someone is NOW out of the question.Either we get some help on here or we wait for a giant pitfall of money and have it towed somewhere and fixed by the real professionals. Any one got some do it yourself answers, we would really appreciate it. If not, oh well...it might make a good planter.

What you have here is your basic moral dilemma. Namely whether to properly recover the freon from the system and dispose of it correctly or just let it escape into the atmosphere. That would be your personal decision but there are environmental laws regarding it. Try calling some tool rental places and see if they rent the equipment needed to do the job correctly.

Back