Why is my laptop so SLOW?

Rosie

May 20, 2008
I have an HP (the mini one) and its Windows 7.. and its really slow! I bought it last year and since then it was working fine, but now its been a few weeks where its really slow! It takes me forever to do anything. For example, when i want to watch a youtube video that's about 3 minutes.. i would have to wait 5 minutes just for it to start or even more. When i type something on the address bar, example "google.com" it would take about 2 minutes for it show up. It makes everything slow, I'm getting really sick of it! Do you think I may have downloaded a virus or something? Any ways to make it faster?

PS: I am using Google Chrome.

Thank you

Is your laptop slow because of software issues or hardware?

Software Related
- Defragmenting the PC could help speed up the computer
- Check your computer for spyware - this is a big possibility. These programs hog up your RAM while trying to display ads. Most people have some form of spyware on their computer and don't know it.
- Virus
- Are you using Vista or Windows 7? Vista itself is a RESOURCE hog - extremely inefficient OS. Xp is actually better than Vista, imo.
- Turn off unnecessary services (go to run and type in services.msc) - look on the web to see which services that you can safely turn off. Just type in "services.msc" in Google and you'll get some results.

Hardware Related
- overheating PC/faulty fan
- not enough RAM/install another stick of RAM (if there's space)

I can advise you to download this software, Download CCleaner 4.17.4808 - FileHippo.com Good Registry Cleaner which can extremely help to improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here scanmyspeed.com once it will sounds better ..

Hope it helps.

Back