Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I actually write a fantasy novel set in the future? Help please?

I don't really want to write a sci fi novel, because I'm not into that. I don't like aliens and stuff, but I feel like I'll have to, because the year of my novel is 2674.

However, I have some ideas.. Like, there were witches, warlocks, sorcerers/sorceresses, and many other magical human beings living on the Earth since the beginning.. But they were hidden. However, *something* (I will think about it later, as I've just started writing my story!) happened and some magicians caused a war against humans. There is hardly any human left on the Earth now. Magic is all around and everyone knows about it. There are still the same countries (with some difference) and everything. It's also kind of modern (there IS technology.. but mixed with magic). I wanted to create an alternate world at first, but it would look like earth too much, and I fear it wouldn't be really realistic. And I wanted my story to take place in America, so it wouldn't be possible with an alternate earth.

Now, I don't know if it's a good idea? It's been around 600 years since the war started, and I have no idea what changes can I make! Is it bad that there are no aliens? What kind of inventions should I put into my novel, as there is already magic and stuff? How different do you think clothing will be 650 years from now? How will the US change? Is this stupid what I'm doing? How do I make it realistic? Help please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just spit balling here...
    Call the magic something else and use the magic as a power source for the technology, as for clothing don't go too flashy it'll be cliche, but don't make it something you would wear now. Magic is some new way of life its over everything in these peoples lives...
    Make the magic people or whatever like a secret organization that was in every part of government in every country, and when they had enough power they took over the world destroying the human population...
    I'm a writer myself but I don't write about magic or anything like that so you can go ahead and take the ideas if you like them...
    Hope I helped...