I love the scriptures!!! Lehi concludes his blessing. Land is a significant part of the blessing to Nephi and Sam and their children. Personally I do not quite understand the meaning of the inheritance of land but apparently it is significant to the Lord and to mankind because it is mentioned regularly in the scriptures and continues to be significant today. Nephi speaks of the records he kept and the need to speak to his brethren about the things of the word of the Lord. Do we "listen up" when we hear the word of the Lord? Do we take it seriously and look to see how we can use it in a way that will bless our lives and the lives of those around us? Oliver Cowdery receives instructions to teach the Lamanites and to tell Hiram Page privately that the stone he is using to get revelation from is false and is from the deception of the devil. To understand that the teachings of the church will be done in order and that commandments come through the president and The Prophet of the church and not from just anyone is an important blessing to understand and live by. It is great mercy and wisdom in God that this is so, in my opinion. Enoch teaches the people from the scriptures and he starts with Adam in the Garden of Eden. We discover that Enoch knew the name by which we would be redeemed and it is Jesus Christ. How comforting to know that all things have been worked out before we got to earth and these mists of confusion. May we ponder what we learn and seek to have an understanding and witness by the Holy Ghost is my prayer. In Jesus name, amen. Enoch | teaching the gospel | faith | Lehi s blessings | word of God

More...