Are Jeep Wranglers 1997 to 2000 worth buying?

Hyemafioz

Jul 1, 2010
So i've been told several different things such as after the jeep YJ it became TJ during the years from '97 to '00 and during those years, they changed a few things with the car such as the leaf springs to coil suspensions (which is better) but i've also been told that since they began to make new models the jeeps between these years had problems over the years mechanic wise.
I'm wondering if anyone knows any major differences between wranglers during '97 to '00 and if anyone would recommend these years or if anyone disaproves of these models, because honestly i'm just looking for a cheap wrangler i could fix up on spare time while going to college and back as long as i'm not going to deal with too many problems because 1991 and up is too old and 2000 and up is little expensive for me.

at this point anything or anyjeep that has made in this far down the road can be consideered roadworthy. After all its gotten many years down the road its obvious its had some good care and for the most part any issues will hopefully have long been fixed. From the standpoint of buying one about all you can do is wait and see Once you get to the point where you actively start looking then buy the best example you can afford and go from there.

Back