Samsung Galaxy S2 or Nokia Lumia 800? Help!?

Tayles_100

Aug 1, 2012
I have an aversion to all things Apple, so I’m looking for an alternative to the iPhone. I’ve narrowed it down to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Nokia Lumia 800. My priorities are a fast phone with a nice screen, a good operating system, interesting apps and a decent camera. I also want something that will fit easily in my pocket, which is why I’m put off by these huge modern phones.

The Samsung is a year old now, so it’s likely to be cheaper than more recent models. Android looks like a good system with plenty of apps, and I’m sure the phone itself is terrific. But it feels a bit cheap, the screen is bright by pixelated, and it’s still quite big. The Nokia is smaller and better constructed, which I like. It has an interesting operating system and I’m sure its camera is great. On the downside, it’s got fewer apps, I hear the battery life is lousy, and I’m worried Windows phones won’t get the support Android phones are getting. Plus, it’s a newer model so it could cost more than the Samsung.

Has anyone used both phones? Any thoughts or recommendations?
Some useful comments, thanks. How do the phones compare in terms of battery life? I see the Samsung has a bigger battery but does this translate into more time between charges?

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the best smartphone which running on android v 2.3 operating system. It comes with 8 mega pixel camera with autofocus and long battery life. Its features are an outstanding such as a bigger touch screen, support 32GB internal memory, dual core processor, radio FM with recording, etc are impressive. I personally recommend you should buy the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - looks better

I've never had any of them but judging by the looks, I would prefer Samsung Galaxy S2 because Nokia looks kinda old fashion and doesn't look very appealing - to me.

I have personally used both phones, and I can report that both phones' hardware is fantastic. The Lumia feels a little sturdier though. They both have great cameras, zippy processors, and more. In the end though, I'd say it comes down to your choice of operating system. The Galaxy S2 is a good phone, but it will probably lose support sooner than the Lumia, since Android updates are more frequent than Windows Phone updates. If you are hell-bent on an Android phone though, I'd go for the Galaxy Nexus (it's Google's flagship phone, so it'll be supported for a very, very long time). Anyway, I'd choose the Lumia, especially now that Windows Phone 8 (Apollo, I believe it was called) is now just around the corner.

Here they are side by side specifications and comprehensive review, [which you should read ] as a number of your statements are well......
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4240&idPhone2=3621

samsung galaxy s2 has a secondary camera unlike the nokia 800.
Samsung galaxy is my favourite out of the two.

absolutely s2
better screen resolution, bigger size: around 1 inch bigger
dualcore CPU
android ics, 8 Mega pixel cam
secondary cam.
android have 300000 apps vs 100000 wp8 apps.

Back