Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung Galaxy S2 or Nokia Lumia 800? Help!?

I have an aversion to all things Apple, so I’m looking for an alternative to the iPhone. I’ve narrowed it down to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Nokia Lumia 800. My priorities are a fast phone with a nice screen, a good operating system, interesting apps and a decent camera. I also want something that will fit easily in my pocket, which is why I’m put off by these huge modern phones.

The Samsung is a year old now, so it’s likely to be cheaper than more recent models. Android looks like a good system with plenty of apps, and I’m sure the phone itself is terrific. But it feels a bit cheap, the screen is bright by pixelated, and it’s still quite big. The Nokia is smaller and better constructed, which I like. It has an interesting operating system and I’m sure its camera is great. On the downside, it’s got fewer apps, I hear the battery life is lousy, and I’m worried Windows phones won’t get the support Android phones are getting. Plus, it’s a newer model so it could cost more than the Samsung.

Has anyone used both phones? Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Some useful comments, thanks. How do the phones compare in terms of battery life? I see the Samsung has a bigger battery but does this translate into more time between charges?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the best smartphone which running on android v 2.3 operating system. It comes with 8 mega pixel camera with autofocus and long battery life. Its features are an outstanding such as a bigger touch screen, support 32GB internal memory, dual core processor, radio FM with recording, etc are impressive. I personally recommend you should buy the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.
    receive stronger signal with mobile signal booster

Downloads
    Uploads
    Samsung Galaxy S2 - looks better

I've never had any of them but judging by the looks, I would prefer Samsung Galaxy S2 because Nokia looks kinda old fashion and doesn't look very appealing - to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    calculator is better....!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have personally used both phones, and I can report that both phones' hardware is fantastic. The Lumia feels a little sturdier though. They both have great cameras, zippy processors, and more. In the end though, I'd say it comes down to your choice of operating system. The Galaxy S2 is a good phone, but it will probably lose support sooner than the Lumia, since Android updates are more frequent than Windows Phone updates. If you are hell-bent on an Android phone though, I'd go for the Galaxy Nexus (it's Google's flagship phone, so it'll be supported for a very, very long time). Anyway, I'd choose the Lumia, especially now that Windows Phone 8 (Apollo, I believe it was called) is now just around the corner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here they are side by side specifications and comprehensive review, [which you should read ] as a number of your statements are well......
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4240&idPhone2=3621

Downloads
    Uploads
    samsung galaxy s2 has a secondary camera unlike the nokia 800.
    Samsung galaxy is my favourite out of the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for Samsung Galaxy S2.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    absolutely s2
    better screen resolution, bigger size: around 1 inch bigger
    dualcore CPU
    android ics, 8 Mega pixel cam
    secondary cam.
    android have 300000 apps vs 100000 wp8 apps.