Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do Americans complain and whine and care about "race" so much more...

...than other countries? I live in in Houston, and it always seems like we have "racial issues" going on in some way or another. Frankly, I am tired of it.

I was in the nation of Luxembourg recently, and to be honest, it was a relief. People in Luxembourg don't talk about "race." There is no federal "Equal Employment Opportunity Commission" that will harass your business if you only hire one race of people - in fact, MOST businesses in Luxembourg seem to be monoracial! People just choose not to make a big "thing" out of it.

Why can't we have that in America? Why can't we be like Luxembourg, where the topic of "race" never comes up, and people who care about that nonsense get laughed at? Nobody complains on the nightly news in Luxembourg that the cops are using "racial profiling," or that the schools have a "racial gap" - people there are more mature, and they don't care about race at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Civil Wars never seem to have an ending.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its called "ethnocentrism". Seriously, this is why americans should be required to take an anthropology class. Learning about different cultures and their development is helpful to not being an ignoramus.