Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a DVD or Blue Ray version of the original Star Wars?

What I have seen so far are the 'special edition', which Lucas screwed up by adding and changing storyline (instead of just enhancing for improved technology. Even one that said on the packaging "classic Star Wars" turned out to be the same special edition (Target even took it back despite it being opened when I argued that it had false advertising on the package! ).

Downloads
    Uploads
    On Blu Ray,there is not and that's kind of disappointing.

They should've done like what Paramount did when they put the original Star Trek TV series on Blu Ray.On that you have the option of either watching the episodes with the remastered effects or with the original 1960's effects.

The Blu Ray of Star Wars could've been done the same way for the Original Trilogy,where you have the option to either watch the Special Editions or the original theatrical versions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a DVD version of the first trilogy that came out back in 2006, I believe. It featured both the special (lame) editions and also the original theatrical versions, which were completely non-remastered because George Lucas was just being a petty #*%& about the whole thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, and there never will be. Lucas is very pig headed and has basically said he doesn't care about what the fans want, he has stated he made the changes he wanted to and come hell or high water that's how they are going to stay. Outside of the VCD and VHS collections of the original Star Wars there are no other versions out there that are legal with the original films intact.

-------------------

I have the 2006 edition of the movie, it does contain the original trilogy, but it is still heavily modified from the original releases from the '70s and '80s.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try Amazon and check out all the various versions...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sure that if you look om Amazon or Ebay you could find one. hope i helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucas releases a new version every 6 months. He needs the extra money to buy his 68th yacht and 45th house.