My daughter turned 3 yesterday and has had the same Pediarician since birth and has been to all her well check and a few sick visits. She recently went for a evaluation for a speech delay at another hospital, while she was there another Peditrician did a physical and heard a heart murmur, she referred us back to our regular Pediatrician, We followed up with her, and she said she could barley hear it and that "it mimicked her breathing" but she referred us to a Cardiologist anyway. The Cardiologist listened and determined that she had what's called a PDA and it's been there since BIRTH (Basically a blood vessel in her heart that is supposed to close right after birth didn't). We had a Echo to confirm this, and now she has to have surgery to correct it in the next month or so.

I had this same thing at birth and had to have surgery at 6 months old to correct it (The Pediatrician KNOWS this) . Plus my older daugher also had a heart murmur (That one turned out to be nothing)

My question is should our Pedatrician have found this sooner? and because she didn't should I find a new Dr? My daughter is due for her 3 year old well check and I don't know if I should find a new Dr or go back to the same Peditrician and ask her how in the world she could have missed this for 3 years!