A good bodybuilding diet?

McStooge

May 15, 2012
Hi,
I was thinking of going serious with my bodybuilding, what are some good meals that I should be eating when I'm doing this (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything inbetween)
I'll be working out from Monday-Friday covering all/most parts of my body.

For the bodybuilding diet necessary things are that to adopt the regularity in eating the food and doing the exercise daily as per schedule so discipline make the body perfect as the regularity is concerned may also helpful in this regard.

Hi McStooge,
Eat big to get muscular body and overload progressively. Train heavy, stick with compound exercises and avoid aerobic exercises. Keep a workout journal , increase strength through power lifting and incorporate higher reps into your training. Eat in the middle of the night and sleep for 8 hours in a day.
san antonio gym

Last edited:
A good bodybuilding diet needs to follow 3 rules:
  1. It should favor smaller and frequent feedings throughout the day instead of smaller ones.
  2. Every meal should have carbohydrates, protein and fat in the correct ratios: 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20 % good fats.
  3. The calories should be cycled to prevent the metabolism from getting used to a certain caloric level.

I won't mention what exactly to be eating, you can figure that out through research on the web or by going to the stores as I don't know what you have access to.

Whatever the meal is(breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.), you will have the most benefit by consuming relatively the same amount through each meal. Your body after workout will constantly need the energy to get bigger and stronger. Meaning, if you are to be consuming 100 grams of protein, and have 5meals, you would be consuming 20 grams of protein in each meal. Eating only 20 grams throughout the day, and having 80 grams of protein in dinner will not give you the best results.

Other than that, eat enough and don't under eat. Adjust your diet accordingly depending on how your body reacts.

Back