What would you rather see? Advice on the plot line?

AlliSane

Sep 22, 2011
So I have the basic idea of my plot, but I can't decide on a few smaller details. Essentially, we have a young teenage stripper. The story is told from her 1st person narrative perspective. She works, obviously, posing as a 21 year old. She will meet an extremely caring young gentleman, who wants to save her so to speak. They have a sort of tumultuous love relationship. That's the gist of it, obviously I'm not going to give out the whole plot, but I have a few questions:

1. How old should this girl be? 17?
2. This guy, how old should he be? (I was thinking older, maybe 19, possibly 20) What should he do for a living? Rich guy? Middle class?
3. Should our young girl have a family/ (Maybe an abusive and absent father?)
4. Should there be a drug influence on the story?
5. Happy, guy and girl end up together ending? Or a split up sort of happy ending? Or just sad?

What's your opinion on the questions?
6. Where should the story take place? (I was maybe thinking somewhere near Seattle or maybe even New Orleans, but everything I write seems to take place in one of those two places {although, I know them better})

1. She should be 16 or 17
2. 23, 25... Not 20, that would be too close to her age- he should be wealthy... NOT RICH... Since he wants to save her.
3. She should have a mom that is drunk all the time and beats her, because her dad died when she was younger
4. Maybe she should be slipped the date rape drug by some guy, then the guy that wants to save her is there and notices she is more than just drunk
5.they should end up together, I HATE books that they don't get together
6. those seem good.. Here are some more options... NY, Vancouver Canada, Washington,
North Dakota, Arizona-kidnapping capital is Phoenix AZ,

Back