Amplifier in protect-mode.Not the usual case and cause....

I was encountering a problem,where while driving over some bumps on the road my amp would go in to protect-mode.Bear in mind this only happens with the amplifier that plays the front stage and not the sub.After 3 seconds it will play again.

While driving yesterday it went in to protect mode about 3 or 4 times (without falling in to some pit in the road) while sub kept on playing,so I went over to my friend who installed the system to see what the problem was.

Before posting this,I should say that my installation has been done by my friend which is a qualified professional.I'm posting this so as to see what everyone thinks could be the cause.

The amp in question plays my front stage which is a pair of RS Kick pro and a pair of scanspeak tweeters.No crossover .They are connected to a Mosconi A200.4 bridged mode.

Before jumping to conclusions,I'll say that everything has been double-checked and found in working condition and the problem has been found but not repaired yet. (will be during the week)

Those are:

1.speaker wires
2.RCA's
3.remote
4.ground wire
5.positive wire
6.circuit breakers

After checking all of these and leaving my system playing for half an hour or so it didn't go in to protect mode.So I decided to leave.

Well this is the fun part...I 'll give you the problem in details.Upon shifting in to 1st gear and my CD player playing a CD and letting go of the clutch a little sharply (which made the car sprint a little) the amp went in to protect mode! I did this a couple of times before calling him out.He sat in the back seat so he could see the amplifier and I did the 1st gear back and forth a couple of times and every time it would go in to protect-mode which is the red led turns to orange,on the Mosconi.

Just to be sure we checked that the CD wasn't jumping the track.So we tested it with a radio broadcast.It was OK.No protect mode.Inserting the CD,we did it again;protect-mode.Radio;OK

All this time the amp was going in to protect-mode,the sub was playing.

Clearly it is the P880 PRS which is causing the amp to go in protect mode but the question is: why does it do so,only playing a CD and not a radio broadcast and how is it possible it only makes the one amp go in to protect mode and lets the other amp (sub) keep playing?If it was the flex ribbon cable,it would do it always and not only with the CD and also to the second amp?

He didn't have time to take it out yesterday and will fix it during the week.Until he does I thought I'd post this problem just to hear your opinions and any thoughts!

Thanks