HelIo there!! PLZ help me out this has been bothering me for weeks.. and i just give up now.. I'm currently connecting my PS3 system to my HDTV using an HDMI cable, the home theater is not connected to the TV because.. well no one watches TV... anyway, I connected the Red and White audio output standard RCA cables from my PS3 to my home theater system (SAMSUNG HT-TX75).. and yes it is all connected fine promise I am not putting it in the wrong hole!!.. The thing is I don't get 5.1 DPL from my PS3 this way, only the Front left/right speakers and the subwoofer work. But like if i am putting a CD/DVD directly in the SAMSUNG player it plays fine with all 5 working speakers.. So how can i fix this??? There is no option to select 5.1 stereo on the PS3 audio settings when you select AV-MULTI/SCART.. like in HDMI and Optical Digital... Does the RCA cable not support 5.1 or something??? I have no idea...

Also, I don't have Optical Digital cable or whatever to try that but I did have 2 HDMI cables so I connected my PS3 to the system and then the system to the TV all via HDMI... this way i get 5.1 surround sound but the video is f'd up like with strange colored dots and stuff everywhere..

I just wanna watch BLU-RAY like its meant to be for once!! with an HDTV and 5.1 surround sound!! is that really too much to ask for?? I can live with no surround sound for games but still there's no point in having all these extra speakers and that huge 5 CD changer box if i cant even use it right???