What is xvid codec? Is it dangerous?

makeupgirl1

Mar 21, 2009
I was looking at houses on Realtor.com & all of a sudden a page with the name Xvid Codec on it popped up. I immediately closed out of that tab. What is it? Is it dangerous that my Macbook was on the page? I don't know much about computers & malware & viruses. Is it a virus? I'm sort of worried now.

XVid Codec is basically something that allows you to watch certain MP4 video files. It's completely safe and harmless, if it was genuinely the XVid Codec (it might possibly have been a fake site). As long as you didn't download/install anything you should be fine. Make sure you have the latest, updated version of an antivirus software. If you are feeling extremely paranoid, just run a whole computer scan.

XVid Codec is basically something that allows you to watch certain MP4 video files. It's completely safe and harmless, if it was genuinely the XVid Codec (it might possibly have been a fake site). As long as you didn't download/install anything you should be fine. Make sure you have the latest, updated version of an antivirus software. If you are feeling extremely paranoid, just run a whole computer scan.

Back