What is the best degreaser for dishes that works instantly?

cameron_c

Apr 7, 2012
I eat lots of grease and I got a bum foot and so hate scrubbing. Something that works super easy and super fast and clean!

Full strength good quality dish detergent will get grease off as fast as anything will, but don't cheap out on the stuff, buy a good brand, like Dawn or Palmolive. If you have problems standing at the sink, like I do, leave the dishes to soak for awhile in the hottest water you can get from the tap, with plenty of detergent added to it. The newer 'ultra concentrated' types of liquid dish detergent need less to do the job, but if you add a couple of extra squirts of it to the hot water, it will help dissolve most of the grease by the time the water has cooled enough to stick your hands in it. Then use a scrubbie pad of some type, with another squirt or two of full strength dish detergent on it, to get off any residues that are still on the dishes. Rinse well in hot water to get all the soap off, or you'll be tasting it. Then put them in a rack to air dry, or put a dishtowel on the counter and prop the dishes up on that in rows to air dry, which is a lot less work than hand drying.

Back