I'm looking for the right car for me. First, I should say what kind of person I am in relation to the kind of car I want.

I'm a minimalist and low income person. Minimalist by choice. Low income not so much by choice. But I manage and live well currently. I don't own a lot of things. I can fit everything I own and more in a Yaris or similar car.

I'm also conservative when it comes to using a car. Often I only drive 2 or 3 times a week. I almost always drive alone. Sometimes I may have one passenger. I never want more than one passenger. I want a car with 2 doors and a trunk door. 2 seats only. I don't want 4 seats. I definitely don't want 4 doors. I don't want to encourage people to think they can ride in my car. I'm not a carpool kind of person. As for using less gas, I already do my part by not driving often(my 2008 Toyota PreRunner, which I got brand new, only has 26,000 miles).

Avoiding passengers, especially rowdy ones that use cars as party rooms, is one of the reasons why I got a truck. But what ended up happening is I get hassled by people who want me to transport their stuff around. And I no longer need a truck's carrying capacity, nor do I want to drive a vehicle with that length(I drive a 2008 Tacoma/PreRunner with Access Cab and 6 ft. bed).

I need a 2 seat car to discourage multiple people from thinking they can ride in my car. Helps me avoid the nagging protests of kids who want to go car hopping. I do what I can to avoid it but I still get nagged. No matter how much older I get(mid 30's), I still get teenagers who think I'm one of the younger people who enjoy smoking and drugs and horse play in a car. I can't seem to ascend to the older, contemporary mannered group of drivers in the eyes of other people, even though I already drive and live like that.

Right now the Yaris is my top choice. Two door(3 counting the trunk door), automatic. L or LE model. Rear seats are easily removed and stored, discouraging multiple would-be passengers. Shorter car, easy to park. Can park in odd spaces if needed. Can hold all my possessions and more.

Some say it wanders at freeway speeds, especially when it's windy. But a good rear sway bar helps alleviate that. But there is the acceleration issue. The 4 cylinder engine, especially in the automatic version. And the whole car is rather light.

I'm wondering if there are any cars out there with only 2 doors that are comparable to the Yaris, but slightly beefier. Just a little heavier and bigger. Preferably with 2 seats only, or rear seats that are easily removed. A clear carrying space from the trunk to the back of the front seats is more important.

There is the Nissan 350Z but it costs far more than I'm able to afford. Also it grabs more attention in public than I'd like. But if there is a car similar to that but more economic, I'd consider it definitely.

There is the 2 door Nissan Altima, but I don't think the rear seats are as easily removable.

Are there any other cars I should consider? More acceleration would be good. Not so much for the fun factor. I'm not a sporty driver. But for practical matters like merging into a faster lane or entering a freeway from a metered light to having to speed into a fast right lane.