It's been a long time but I can't forget him. Why?

msachtungbaby

Mar 21, 2009
I've met this guy last year during the summer and we hit it off so well. We got along great. Had great chemistry. Respected each other. Treated each other nicely. Only argued like one time but we got over it quickly. Everything seemed so perfect but then he disappeared and I didn't hear from him for a while but then he wrote to me and called me almost 3 months later. He told me he kept trying to communicate with me but couldn't get through. He also said he was working on getting a career. He called me later that night and we talked on the phone for almost 2 hours. He told me he missed me and couldn't stop thinking about our first date. We didn't go out but I did hear from him again. Then in December he wrote to me again. Asked me what had happened to me and if I ever wanted to see him again. I said yes of course I did. He then said he wanted to see me soon. But the last time I heard from him was in January.

I don't know what to do. It's been almost 10 months now since I met him but I still feel the same way I felt back in June when I started dating him. I still want to be with him. I still like him a lot. And I never felt this way about anybody before. I don't know why it's hit me so hard. These feelings, these emotions are strong and continue to get stronger. I don't think about him less, I think about him more. I don't care about him less, I care about him more. I don't miss him less, I miss him more.

I spoken to some people about this. Someone gave me some good advice and said that this guy needs to grow up. He said I deserve to be chased and loved and treated with respect. He said not to wait around for this person. And when and if this guy comes back that I should let him pursue me.

My heart tells me that I will see him again. My heart tells me that we are meant to be together. But for some reason we aren't meant to be together right at this moment. I know I got a lot of goals I want to work on and other things I need to do this year before I commit myself in a serious relationship. I pray about this so much. I prayed to God to bring him back into my life during those months I had lost contact with him and he came back! If God didn't want us to be together wouldn't my prayers not have been answered?

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Back