will i lose any data if i update my iphone 4 to ios 5?

BabyCakes1

May 18, 2008
i know i can restore my apps and such through itunes, but will all my pictures, music, text messages, contacts, etc. be erased?

First of all, you need to check whether ios update version is available for your iPhone model . Retry to update your iPhone os .

Before starting the update, make sure your phone has enough battery power. If the battery level is low, charge the battery before starting the update.

Check that your phone is set to the correct date and time. With a wrong date or time, your phone won’t be able to access the updates.

Make enough space on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted apps or other large items. To see how much free space you have on your phone, on the start screen, swipe left to the apps menu, tap Settings > About, and check the amount of available space.

Free up space on your computer, as you need enough space to download the software update, and to save a backup of your existing phone software, settings, and media files.

If you upgrade your iPhone, two possibilities may happen ;

1. If you have a jail broken iPhone, You will lose your jailbreak
2. If you have an unlocked iPhone, you may lost it too.

Before updating your iPhone , you need to take backup of your data files from your iPhone . After that, use Remote unlocking method ( OnlineGSMUnlock.com )to unlock it . It doesn't requires jailbreaking and it is one of the permanent unlocking solution too. After unlocking your iPhone using this method, you can update or downgrade your iphone without any interruption . it won't gets locked again . If you have completed unlocking and updating process, you can use restore service to restore your data files from backup .

after completing unlocking and updating process, use the following steps to update your ios :

1. Download latest version of ios .

2. Download Red snow.

3. Connect your iPhone with itunes

4. Go to App,e support to know the procedure to update ios .

5. Then start update process.

Back