Does Google offer free web hosting?

thugonomics

Mar 7, 2012
I own a domain already, but I'm confused to how the hosting works. I have my domain hooked up to Google Apps (so that my Google email address is "[email protected]) but I don't actually have a site built yet. So far, if I type in domain.com I have it forwarded to my LinkedIn profile.

I'm confused to whether the free Google Apps account allows me to host a web site or if I would need another site to do that.

Is it possible to keep my Google Account/GMail for email purposes, but then the other site (eg. sixserve.com) to host the site?

Running a website requires a web host provider. Websites are, in a sense, like pieces of virtual real estate. In order to set one up, you need a place, an address and a platform on which to build the site. Web hosting providers are like the real estate agents of the online environment.

Typically, web space is rented, either on a yearly, quarterly or monthly basis. The server used is a powerful computer that runs on specialized high-speed connections. They also have a high degree of firewall protection in place. Subscriber packages include website storage on the host server, email services, domain registration and auto-responders.When deciding on a web host, there are a couple of options to choose from in terms of which operating platforms are available and what type of scripting language is used. Operating platforms come in two versions: Windows, and Linux. The Windows platform is designed to work on a Windows machine. Linux is designed specifically for web server applications.
I got my hosting service from XnYnZ.com at affordable cost with 24/7 customer support. This web host provides a wide range of hosting plans suiting everyone's budget and requirements.

Back