Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im 17 and trying to break my nicotine habit?

Ive been smoking a few cigs each day for the past 6 months and started dipping tobacco about a month ago. Im nervous that I might have mouth cancer because I dipped everyday about half a can but put the dip in different areas of my mouth. I decided to quit today and go cold turkey. Any advice or concers I should have?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to see u want to quit at a young age. Try to subsuite your habit with something else. Like when you have a urge to smoke, do something else like read a book, go outside or something. My dad died from cancer and I told him to stop but its really hard. I wish you luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try electronic cigarettes. They work pretty good. Just think that the nicotine addiction is all in your head and you aren't really addicted to cigarettes, you just like the motion of holding it and seeing the smoke come out of your mouth.

Seriously, electronic cigarettes really work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kicked the habit 25 years ago. I would quit but craved a cigarette after meals. After throwing away costly cigarettes and cans of Skoal I finally was able to do it but it took a lot of will power. There are some treatments that allow you to reduce your tobacco intake gradually until you stop completely. The dipping is bad because it gets in your bloodstream quickly and causes mouth cancer and gum disease that can cause tooth loss. Good luck!