GMC Jimmy engine issues?

mjc1027

Mar 3, 2012
Bought a 1999 GMC Jimmy from my Fiance's parents just 2 days ago, her father and brother know quite a lot about cars, brother is taking mechanic certifications...anyway...They told me they got the truck checked out, all is good, may need a tune up. They sold it cheap, it runs great...everything works...engine is spotless.
Been driving it for 2 days, no issues at all, today go to get on the freeway...starts rocking from side to side, check engine light came on and car would not go over 70 mph, floored the accelerator and nothing, was a mile or 2 til the next exit, got off...temp was almost to the limit, so pulled over immediately. Put hazard lights on for a bout 30 mins, as it was dark....lights started to dim, battery was dead.
Parents came out to help, jumped the car, car started fine, engine was running, but really rough, rocking from side to side. Drove the car maybe a mile to a gas station....brother seems to think it is a spark plug issue but could not get out to us to fix it til tomorrow. I have no clue about cars, her parents noticed coolant was low, so we filled that...got the car towed back home, tried to start it again, turns over, then clicking...lots of clicking.
Any advice from anyone would be very helpful.
Dear 'Roger'....Answers without the insults is helpful, dickhead.

Back