Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I stop talking to my roommate for a few weeks?

I'm a college freshmen and she's a sophomore. The college is pretty small.

Well, it all started off yesterday. I made a careless mistake of accidentally locking the door while she was out. Of course I forgot she was out.

When she got back into my room, she started yelling at me as if she was my mother about how she went outside and back and the RA asked for her to pay two dollars for them to open the door.

I apologized and she said "yeah, be sorry!" and I kept saying it was an accident and she still got angry. I offered to pay the RA so that she could stop being mad. I did and she didn't even tell me "thank you." I only paid so that the RA doesn't nag me about the situation and I go to an Adventist college and the RAs treat us like children that we have to be scolded.

She had a fit and said "I gotta pay two dollars, two dollars!!!!"

Should I ignore her for her nasty attitude since there's nothing I can say or do to her?? I plan on doing it for at least three weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Blanking someone out is SO draining because you have to work on it like a campaign... don't waste your energy on such nonsense when life has so many interesting things you could do. Just take the roommate at face value, if she is good she gets a nice reaction from you, if she is bad you sheild yourself from it like bad weather. Reward the good behaviour, ignore the bad (unless it is well out of order) just like training a puppy!
    Any anyway... what happend to the idea of each person having a key?