Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Truck Hard to Start - - thinking it's the Fuel Pump. What to do?

Hi all - I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS and am having a problem starting it up. Okay, in all truth, I've been having this problem for about 2 years, and am ready to deal with it.

So, here's the story - each time I get into my truck, I have a hard time starting it up. I turn the key and it cranks and cranks and cranks, but won't start immediately. I've found that if I turn the key to the on position, I can hear the fuel pump running. To effectively start the truck, I turn the key to the on position to let the fuel pump run. I do this 2-3 times before turning the key all the way. This typically makes it start up right away. Only if I let the fuel pump run 2-3 times though.

I feel like I'm not getting enough fuel pressure into my lines...could this be it? How can I get my truck to turn over on the first turn of the key? Any help/suggestions/anticipated service costs would be appreciated.

Also, I'm no mechanic, but am relatively handy. If I need to change something myself, I can probably do it if it's not too technical. What should I do about this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is definetly the fuel filter clogged up ,change it out and try this first then more than likely your problem will be solved.Also once you replaced the filter have the fuel pressure checked to make sure it is up to par. good luck and hope this helps ya out.