2003 Ford Taurus reving in park and weird buzzing noise...?

paular

Jun 6, 2008
I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus a week ago. When I test drove it a few times, it ran great! It needed a few repairs, such as the camshaft Synchronizer, new battery and a bar that was broken in the back! After I got all these fixed in one day by my mechanic, the check engine light came on and I went to auto zone and had them hook it up! It was saying it had to do with the camshaft and such!
I noticed the other day that my car felt like it was going to die and I kind of sped up and it stopped.
Also, when I am in park, I feel a slight rumbling and my rpms look like it fluctuates, but stays under the 1,000 rpm. It doesn't do it as bad, if not at all when in drive! When I first start my car in the morning, my rpm will go to almost 2,000 and then after I wait for about 3 minutes, it will drop back down slowly under 1 rpm. I don't know if this is because it is cold and it is warming up.
I also hear a weird continuos buzzing noise as I drive off and it continues and gets louder as I reach higher speeds and decreases when I reach lower speeds.
Could it be they did the camshaft wrong, or what? I am not even sure what a camshaft is. It was not doing this until they supposedly fixed it. I just find it odd that the check engine light came on after I had that fixed!
Please tell me this is not the transmission going out! I will freak out if it is!
Any help will be wonderful! Thanks

Back