what do you think of the name Lexus for a girl?

mNoahis3tm

Jan 13, 2012
me and my finacee are expecting our first child together and he has always wanted the name Alexis for a girl... my personal taste is that I can't stand it. but I could compromise with Lexus, which he has agreed on.

also, what spelling do you prefer? Lexus, Lexys, Lexsys, Lexis.
GIRLXXX - I am far from poor. I drive a brand new BMW... but I can't name my baby that :p
I shouldn't have said compromise... I have always loved the name Lexus, I just meant more like he gets what he wants and I get what I want... we met in the middle. but in a good way :)

"Lexus" is a car.

You should spell it as "Lexis" or "Lexsys"

It's a cute name! :)

I know this isn't what you want to hear but...
I hate it. Because it sounds like a poor person who is idolizing a status symbol (car) that they can't afford. Sounds trailer parkish. Sorry!

My daughter's name is Alexis.. alot of people call her Lexi and I care for the nick name lexi as much as lexis.. I like alexis best.. but you may like Lexi? If I were to pick out of the spellings you listed I would definately choose Lexis ;)

Lexis or lexys
For short lexi?

There could be a problem with pronunciation? Leksies, or leksais?

Rather not lexys, look like s*x....or x*s ?

Definitely NOT Lexus, name already sounds like the car, please don't write it....
Lexsys, nope looks weird. Like unfinished.

(But overall, I wouldn't name my daughter after a car. Even if it was Bentley maybach whatever, or in this case a toyota-fabricated one....) sry..

Good luck! You'll make the right choice....

Back