Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I make my LG BD550 region free?

I just got an LG BD550 Blu-ray player and was trying to make it region free. Followed this advice:
    1. go to setup
    2. go to 'lock', select 'area code' and then enter '0000' twice for password,

I did that, and it then says 'Change region code to what region you require'. I'm familar with all the Region 1 for US, R4 for AUS, R0 for worldwide. However, I get 2 boxes up, and the current setting is 'AU'. There are no options for numbers, just letters. Does anyone know what I can do?

Unregistered
    1. Power on. 2. Open tray. 3. Push the info on remote once (with supplied remote). You will see numbers. 4. Press 9 for multi-region. Keep trying until you see the number 9 appear in upper left corner. 5. Power off. 6. Power on.

REGION 1 — USA, Canada REGION 2 — Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland REGION 3 — S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia REGION 4 — Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico) REGION 5 — Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa REGION 6 — China REGION 7 — Reserved for Unspecified Special Use REGION 8 — Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc... REGION 0, 9, or REGION ALL — Discs are uncoded and can be played worldwide

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Power on. 2. Open tray. 3. Push the info on remote once (with supplied remote). You will see numbers. 4. Press 9 for multi-region. Keep trying until you see the number 9 appear in upper left corner. 5. Power off. 6. Power on.

REGION 1 — USA, Canada REGION 2 — Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland REGION 3 — S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia REGION 4 — Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico) REGION 5 — Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa REGION 6 — China REGION 7 — Reserved for Unspecified Special Use REGION 8 — Reserved for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc... REGION 0, 9, or REGION ALL — Discs are uncoded and can be played worldwide
    1. Power on. 2. Open tray. 3. Push the info on remote once (with supplied remote). You will see numbers.
    NO I Don't see any number this solution is invalid.