Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Who takes MMA besides me? :)?

and what does your style consist of?

and if someone is going to say that MMA is the combat sport and blah blah blah, please keep it moving. cause In the MMA world, we see things differently. in our view, MMA is ALSO a personal style that is formed from martial arts that we learned. mines is Muay thai, boxing, and Bjj.
    Why did you quit????

Justice morgan, how the hell you remember all those techniques from the styles???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boxing becuz it easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been doing jeet kune do/jun fan gung fu since about 2000 and they are all about mixing it up with other styles and learning whatever is useful to you.

I do both jkd core and concepts so I am quite familiar with the idea of cross training and I originally did wrestling & mauy thai before that and learned a lot from them.

Since then I have trained with and learned from fighters from various backgrounds including boxing, karate, taekwondo, judo, japanese jujutsu, wing chun, canadian army h2h & some others too and have learned a lot!

Aslo I want to do some savate & catch wrestling & actually train with another classical bare knuckle boxing enthusiast to see how our techniques compare.

hope this helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps this question is just poorly phrased, but last time I checked you can't "take up MMA". MMA is called that because the person who knows and uses more than one style of martial arts is a "mixed" martial artist - MMA is NOT an actual style of fighting in and of itself. Just felt like I have to clear that up considering how many times people mistake this and ask the same question in this forum.

Sorry I can't contribute to this greater because I've only learned one style - I-TKD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    mma is a sport bud freestyle fighting is wat its called when sum1 combines their arts.i combine wrestling,boxing,muay thai,sanda/sansho,sambo,bjj,judo,american kickboxing,greco roman wrestling,sum of my tkd standing submission grappling and a lil bit of my taijutsu.id suggest u add wrestling 2 ur game itll help a lot.and dont talk about "mma world" mma is a sport that i compete in freestyle fighting is combining multiple arts