Do you see gadgets advertised on TV that you would actually like to have?

pansyblue

Dec 12, 2011
Even not watching the ad programs I can't help seeing some of what is advertised. Most of it doesn't appeal. But I would like those swivel shelves for spices or meds. And of coarse that's the one thing they don't have at my local department store where they sell the TV stuff.

Infomercials are time fillers that cost us tv time plus we have to pay for the channels they're on. I don't watch them.

Very rarely because most of the stuff they sell is garbage. But just to set the record strait I've never bought any of them.

A few times. I've gotten the most use out of a wire mesh basket that can be inverted. I bought it much cheaper here at a discount store months after I saw it on the tube.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/655/275/368/368275655_418.jpg

I would like to try those little egg thingies that you crack an egg into, then boil it. Out pops a perfect boiled egg without peeling it. They are expensive, though. Usually you can find this stuff cheaper on eBay, someone tries it, doesn't like it, then sells it cheaper than they paid.

But how can you not take advantage of some of those great deals? At this moment, I am prepared to sell you a set of 20 knives that are so sharp you can slice frozen meat or trim your laurel hedge with them, AND, they never need sharpening. Even better, they are made in Japan so you know they are good. If you order within the 30 seconds, I will include a sharpening stone made from rock ejected from the center of the earth when Mount St. Helens erupted. You get all this for only $1 plus shipping and handling. If you mortgage your home, sell your vehicle(s) and put your kids to work, you should have plenty to cover shipping and handling.

I hope you all know I am kidding.

I bought a dehydrator from TV years ago and have made lots of venison jerky.

Bought those Ginsu knives in the '80's.

Except for one handle that broke off, the rest are as sharp as though I just bought them.

In that case, I'd call that Truth In Advertising!

I did see the eggies on t.v. . Then a mag. came in the mail and I ordered them. I am glad I did . I really like them.

,,,Yes,A few of those do look interesting.Back in the 90,s I did buy that "shelf" that you supposedly could defrost foods on,but it did not work

I've never bought anything from a TV ad. You've heard the adage, "IF it sounds to good to be true, it usually is."

I have looked at some of those MADE for TV items in stores. It all looks poorly made to me.

I just ordered those swivel shelves and they're great! I have twice the cupboard space now. I also want the "EZ Moves" furniture moving system so I can finally rearrange the furniture in my living room...I need a change of scenery. That "Flex Seal" looks pretty cool too...I have a couple minor cracks in my basement wall that could use patching.

I don't like to peel eggs and seeing the ads for Eggies fascinated me. Recently I ran into them and they are 6 in a pack for $10.00. I LOVE them. They pop right out and onto a cutting board for chopping into salads. No mess and very handy.

Back