Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do I photoshop a karate kyle style picture?

I am trying to make a cheesy christmas card photo this year and I wanted to do it in the style of the internet meme karate kyle where there is an in focus image in the foreground and a ghost like see through image in the background (usually just a profile)

example of karate kyle: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karate-kyle

the foreground will be my wife and I smiling and looking off center and the ghost image is our cat's face with the background possibly of our tree with it faded to black in the corners (unless that's too cluttered then it will be pure black background) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get photo shop to work so I can do this. Can someone explain how to do this or post a link to a tutorial on how to remove just my wife and I from the white background and our cat's head from his body?

Yes this is a joke christmas card and is supposed to be intentionally cheesy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like the took the picture, in your case, the picture of your wife and you, and they rendered it, and copied it over the existing picture, then between those two layers, you would take the render of your cat, (Render his face and blow it up to the size you want.) and place the render of your cats face between the two layers. (The original picture will be the background, and the foreground will be the render of you and your wife.) Then the picture of your cat, you would change the opacity to maybe 70% so it's seethrough.

It's not a super easy task, might take a while.

Here is a good video of how to render for beginners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapEKtSIvUQ