Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how to get over being self concious about certain ares of your body?

hii, im a 14 year old female. some things of my body i am extremely happy with, but some parts i am pretty embarassed about.

-i have small breasts. now i know im only 14 years old, but all my friends range from about a B cup to a DD. whenever i go out for bra shopping i always feel self concious when im with them because they want to see what it looks like on me, so im just standing there next to them while they are in a fabulous bra which looks amazing on them, and i just look like a twat.

-i am sort of lanky, im average height but my arms are farely long and skinny, where as my friends have decent shape arms, they also have a little bit of muscle there, i usually get called a weakling because my arms are horrible.

- i have not much curvs

i would like to know how i can feel better about myself in these areas, any advice will do thanks.

here is a link of what i look like and you will see what i mean

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71146753@N06/6432504791/in/photostream

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Sweetie,

OMG, you are so totally gorgeous! About the only thing you're lacking is self-confidence. And yeah, there are some guys who are only into big boobs. The thing is, most of them are virgins! Any guy who has actually ever been close to a woman knows that boobs are boobs, and most men love them all.

Now I know you won't believe me, but you're actually very lucky to have small breasts! I realize it's difficult at your age, but trust me, as soon as boys grow up and become men, the size of a woman's boobs becomes far less important. In fact, a lot of men actually prefer women with small breasts.

I'm a 36 year old woman and I wear a 34A bra, and you know what? My small breasts are possibly my best feature. I wear tops that accentuate how small they are, and I take pride in them. They're perfectly proportioned to my petite figure, and I wouldn't change them for the world.

And you know what else? If I go to a club or a party, I have no trouble attracting guys. It's a myth that all guys want big boobs. What guys do like is self-confidence. I don't try to make mine look bigger, I celebrate what I have, and guys like that.

If you act ashamed or embarrassed about your perfect breasts, you're inviting people to tease you. If you let people know that you're perfectly happy the way you are, they are far less likely to tease. It's no fun, if you don't react.

As an experiment, try wearing a tight top some time, one that screams "I have small breasts, and I'm proud of them." I think you'll be surprised by the positive reactions you get.

Take pride in what you have, project self-confidence, and lots of guys will be after you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this may not boost your esteem because you are comparing yourself to your friends, but you are absolutely gorgeous. I do not see long, skinny arms. You seem perfect. I'm sure your friends are secretly envious of you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no such thing as a perfect body, everyone has their insecurities and things they wish they could change.You're still pretty young, I'm sure plenty of things about your body will change in the coming years. At 22, I look VERY different from how I looked when I was 14. It's normal to feel awkward are uncomfortable with your body at this point in your life. Give it some time.

However, keep in mind that there's nothing wrong with having smaller breasts. Like I said before, you're body's still changing, you may end up with a D cup, who knows? And if not, who cares? Breasts are breasts, big or small. Embrace the body you have--think of it this way, small breasts don't sag as much as you age :-) You can always buy push-up bras for a little extra help. As for your arms, try strengthening/weight training to add a bit of muscle/definition if you feel they're too thin. And in terms of not having many curves, again, you're still developing. Some women don't have very curvy bodies, some do. Each have pros and cons. I have a small waist and curvy hips, which is a "desirable" shape, but that makes shopping for clothing SO difficult because they're always either too big in the waist and gap in the back or to tight in the hips. I'm also very short and wish my legs were longer. Again, no body's perfect.

At the end of the day, all we can do is live a healthy lifestyle. What genetics has planned out for our bodies we can't change. From what I can tell in the picture, you look perfectly fine! I don't see anything wrong with your body. Don't compare yourself to other people, just focus on being healthy, because a healthy body is beautiful, regardless of specific measurements.