Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why does my kitten go crazy every time I feed him turkey leftovers?

I had my first Thanksgiving supper a little late, to accommodate a couple guests. My cat is about 5 months old, and he absolutely loves the Thanksgiving turkey. I caught him stealing turkey (and corn) several times that day, and even found him walking down the hall with a drumstick in his mouth that I'd been about to put into a Tupperware container (I had gone to the living room to grab a couple more dirty dishes). I bought locally this year, so it was a small turkey that hadn't been given any hormones or chemically-enriched foods. However, whenever I give my cat (or he steals) some turkey, he turns into a mad man, running all over the apartment like a crazy beast. He does this occasionally at other times, too, and I know as a kitten, he's supposed to get these random bursts of energy, but I've given him turkey five or six times now, and as soon as he finishes eating it, he turns into psycho-cat, tearing through the house as if an ax murderer is after him. These bouts last anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Since it happens EVERY time I give him turkey, I feel that I can't chalk it up to coincidence. Is he okay, or is there something in turkey that causes these bursts of energy? I'm not really worried about him, I'm just curious. And dubious about ever giving him turkey again, because he keeps me up all night if I do... Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember that time you had to eat rock-solid tasteless fiber squares for 5 months and then you got to try taco bell? And now every time you try taco bell your chevy silverado gets coated in semen??? Yeah same deal.