Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is that possible that Symbian could live past 2016?

Nokia has said the they will definitely support Symbian until 2016 but as I love the new Symbian Belle (Graphics, Speed, reliability etc.) and probably all the upcoming updates. I want want to know if it might live past 2016. The reason I am suggesting it might happened is because Nokia are giving all these wonderful updates like Belle and I have heard the main reason Nokia is going (not 100% yet) to Windows is mainly because of pressure from shareholders. So I am suggesting that Nokia has perhaps decided to use next 4/5 years to get Symbian to its full potential and if people like it then to keep it alive. I am also suggesting they are simply using Windows to keep the people happy until Symbian is ready, because using Windows is sort of going against Nokia's principle of selling a phone for it's hardware and not its hardware.

What are youre thoughts on this, do you think Symbian will live past 2016? And before yous aagh Symbian is old and ugly please check out Symbian Belle.

PS. If it makes a difference Symbian Donna that is expected to come next year after Carla should support dual core processors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is good and you like it, it will be crushed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i believe it will still be around. I mean, look at the s40 java platform; its older than symbian and they have commited to keeping that updated and developed til 2016 too and have just released 4 new s40 devices (the asha range).
    Trends change. Ppl dont step back to realise that there are more mobile phone owners now than ever before and a big chunk of them are young ppl, thats probably why android has taken off with its thousands and thousands of apps. But at the end of the day, nokia is still selling phones to a wider range of ppl because they offer such a wide range. If demand is there, i dont think they will abandon it.
    Just my opinion.
    Never say never!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i also was quiet surprised with belle os,i even compared nokia 701 and galaxy ace of my friends and symbian belle feels better experience,whatever stupid android or ios fanboys says belle is a very good os, withsome update and better hardware it can give tough competition