My grandpa died last week and im so depressed I just got back from a

ricky

May 23, 2008
vacation so I can't miss anymore school? I just got back from vacation and I was ok but now I'm depressed and I can't miss school anymore every time I go to school I just start to cry and the guidance counselor dosen't help what can I do?????

theres not much you can do. maybe one evening just let your feelings out and cry, cry ,cry...
i had problems similar and what didnt maake anything better was that i had no...well friends (now i do).

Ive lost alot of love ones and the only thing that helps is time. All you can do is hang in there day to day and it will get easier. Im sorry for your pain.. Try to do the usual, shower,eat,sleep that will keep you going..

Try to focus on the happy things you did with your grandpa about losing him. You can also ask your parents to get you into a doctor or psychiatrist to get some antidepressants and therapy if these feelings continue. Depression after the death of a family member is normal to be ashamed. It will get better.

So sorry for your loss but maybe you are dwelling on all the negative vibes connected to this instead of thinking of all the good things he was and stood for. Especially if he was a Christian, he is now with Jesus and is having a really nice time in heaven. That is something to be very happy for him in. Sometimes we get the moody blues for ourselves and our own loss instead of thinking about that person and what they are doing now in their next life. My husband was just a baby when the last of his grandparents passed away. He never got to know any of them. I had it better. I was already graduated from high school when the first of my grandparents died so I got to know them all pretty well. I missed some of them very much also but was so glad that they were now in heaven and not in pain or discomfort any longer. When all our parents also died they were all very sickly too and we were thankful to God for taking them home so that they wouldn't be in more pain. We know that they are all much happier with Him than they could be on this earth so it's a comfort to know that when we think of them all. Maybe it would be good for you to change your focus when you start to feel down about it and start to remember all the things about them that make you laugh or were really good and fun things when you were with them. That always makes you feel better. In time you will feel better too, Sometimes just making them a gift or a card and putting it on their grave will help lift your spirits up too.

Sorry to hear about you loss. This is never easy and it takes time to go away. It's ok to cry and grieve because you loss someone close to you that you loved. If you are becoming depressed than talk to your doctor who can help you get on the right track. Talk to your friends get out with them and get your mind of things. Yes it's still going to hurt, but you won't be thinking about it as much. Hang in there though and things will get better for you.

Awwwwwrrr I am so sorry to hear that, being around Friends is good cos they cheer you up and make you forget about it. Crying helps you feel better too.

When you are at school just focus on your lessons and class work. That should keep you from thinking about your grandfather. Get more involved at school with clubs or groups. Losing a family member hurts and it will take time for you to get past this sadness. Give yourself that time.
I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. You have my sympathy.

See if they can email you your homework and do it at home until you can compose yourself for school.

Back