Is it weird to not wait for sex until marriage?

Harry

May 13, 2008
Well I'm 16 and I've never had a boyfriend or my first kiss but like I don't want to wait for sex until marriage. Like I want to have sex when I feel ready and when I love someone. And that might happened before marriage. Is that okay?

Like half my friends were like "ew! I'm waiting for marriage" but the other half are like "No im not waiting"

I just feel like if you love someone and you could picture yourself marrying them, then it's okay.
But like I wouldn't do it in high school because first of all, no guys like me and things can happen and dealing with them in high school would suck.
What do you think?

I'm a 16 year old girl too. And my plan is to wait for the right guy! It doesn't matter how long. My older aunts who are 19 & 21 tell me that don't just do it with a guy you like, wait for the guy you love. They told me sex doesn't mean anything until it's with someone you really care about and you don't want to give it away to someone who doesn't really feel the same way. They just might be using you because they want to be your first and you will always remember them because they were your first. You see where I'm coming from here? My advise is wait for the right guy who you love. Marriage is the best, but if you can't wait that long then just wait for the right person who you know isn't using you & that you wont have any regret after you lose it to him.

Mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgVskoHRFkrh5vFOxMdEHufsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111112205235AAo7V3F

You should wait and honey sex hurts very much first time sex is the worst time ever and you might get pregnant

If u truly love someone and trust them than go for it your friends can't tell u wat u should and shouldn't do so if u really want to than go for it there are people out there who don't believe in marriage

No its not weird. Sex is meant for marriage and for only 1 other person. If you have sex with a person but break up with them your gonna be stuck with him in you still (you know what i mean). Having sex with different people is a way to get diseases like AIDS. School should come first. It's OK to have boyfriends but if you do that stuff before marriage, it could be trouble.
Do what you feel is best. Personally I think you should wait.

Being the same as you , 16 and a girl who never had her first kiss either , from my personal opinion it is better to wait for marriage. Sure you may wanna do that now , but what if in the future you regret ? Plus , that should be only shared in marriage!

It it entirely up to you what you want to do. There is nothing wrong with either choice.

Waiting until marriage is so worth it!!!! The one thing you can truly give to your husband is yourself. Would you want your husband to have a lot of sex partners before you. It is the only free gift you can give to him. If you love someone and you picture yourself marrying him what guarantee do you have the he will marry you once you give in to him?
Once it's done you can't undo it.

You have to feel comfortable with your choice. Don't do anything you aren't ready for and don't let anybody force you into doing something like this. It's your body and your choice and you have a right to say NO. The ultimate decision is YOURS so DON'T do anything because you're forced to or don't give into peer pressure. The first time having sex should be special and with somebody who cares about you. Not just somebody who wants you for sex (and nothing else) or your body!

The perfect guy will come along for you and you will know who that is when he comes around. Give it sometime and when the time for sex comes you will know it. Don't rush into anything and take your time. Sex is a serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly. Don't have sex just to have it because that isn't the right thing to do. Wait until you're 100% Absolutely ready to do it.

Think about the consequences that can happen to you if you have sex especially if you aren't ready. You could get pregnant an STD (well that can happen to anybody just not you) and the guy might not have anything to do with you after you have it. The right guy WON'T hurt you and he will have respect for you and care about you after having sex and thats the type of guy that you want.

It sounds like you are a smart woman and are wanting to make the right choice. Think about it before doing anything because there is no turing back once you do this. Good luck with things and hope this helps.

No, you shouldn't have to wait until marriage. Sometimes you'll just want sex for fun and I think that's even okay, just as long as you're ready for it and know the possible consequences and how to be safe.

It's normal to have sexual feelings even when not married. But it is better when you ARE married, once you marry someone you establish an emotional and spiritual bond with your spouse once that bond is created then the sex will be THAT much better.

statistically speaking, more people who say that, are more likely to have sex before marriage.

I'm 15 and i understand what you're saying, i haven't had a boyfriend or had my first kiss either. I honestly don't think its weird to not wait until marriage. It totally depends on the situation. If you really love the guy and you think you're ready then go ahead, but be careful. Wait for the right guy that treats you right and truly loves you back. Don't rush into something just because, think it through.

Back