(Best) Friend issues/Venting *10 points for best advice*?

lInsertNameHerel

Aug 28, 2010
Ok so i want your guys' opinions. Me and my friend got into this big fight and our big fights always seem to be about her ex boyfriends. I know most people say that not everyone tells the "whole" story and only tell their side of the story, so i will tell you the WHOLE story and not just what i see on my side. Well they always got into fights, and she would always tell me about them and i got tired of him each and everytime because he always thought about himself and not her and i didn't like seeing my best friend like that.

So heres where the real story begins, The other day her ex boyfriend fb imed me and he was asking how she was and if she still asks about him and i flat out said, "As much as i would love to tell you off, this situation is between you and her, not me so i'm sorry but i can't help you with your situation" and thats all that was said. So the other night she imed me on fb and asked about him and if i could check his profile to see if anything was new. I then said that i honestly didn't want to. She kept on nagging me so i told her that her x imed me. I wasnt supposed to because i thought it would be best for her) because honestly, if my ex talked to her about me that early on, i wouldnt want to know and i told her that if she asked i would tell her but other than that, i wouldnt say a word and i was just being honest and she said it was messed up. I see where shes coming from, but its really not messed up, i mean she knows that he comes to talk to me whenever theyre in a fight, she couldve easily asked. Shes the one who broke up with him, theyve been broken up and back together 2 times already.

So onwards, She was asking me when it happened and i didnt know, which then, she thought i was lying and i was trying to hide more. I then added on that i honestly in my heart do not remember the exact date. I only remember the important things and thats how my brain works. And she was saying that she knows me better than that and that i was lying. At that point i had NO idea what tell her, she thought i was lying. To the point where she insulted me and told me i had issues in my brain. Basically said i was retarded in the brain. She called me a child because i kept on saying "I don't remember" I mean how do you tell someone that thinks youre lying that you are telling the truth? Not to mention, im a shitty friend for trying to protect her. She then proceeded to compare me to her other friend (which she has always done) i have never compared her, called her mean and insulting names like that. And its like no one understands me and takes her side. I mean she was just trying to bring me down with all these words because i say that i don't remember when i talked to him. Is it just me or do you guys get it too? She just being so not understanding and not understanding that i dont want to spy on his profile anymore. I've done this for her about a billion times.

And she also mentioned that i was playing this game with her and i wasnt. That i was trying to make the situtation harder rather than just taking 2 seconds to check out his profile. Yes, i couldve easily done that for her but the thing is, his profile never changes and she tries to make it a big deal that he couldve possibly blocked me from seeing his stuff. I mean, who cares? I couldn't care less if he blocked me from anything. This whole thing to me is just childish, her getting explosively mad over this to the point where she insults me and makes personal attacks. She made it sound like i was acting like a victim and that i was being dramatic. I mean, is not reacting to her insults being a victim? I just feel like if our friendship ever ended, i wouldn't care. I would move on because ive been through so much with her and when i try to do her a favor she repays me by calling me names, things that i have never done to her before. I'm just so tired of her and im over it.

If you read through this whole thing, wow, thank you so much lol and i would love your honest opinion.
Me and her are both 22.
Oh and while she was calling me names iwasn't being mean back and she kept threatening to go to other friends to confide in, i calmy said, okay thats fine with me, you can confide with anyone you want and i you like things sugarcoated go right ahead. And that was her opinion and i didnt mind.

She also always never says sorry, never says shes wrong, if in the conversation she sees that she's wrong she gets mad and proceeds to act like shes right. Alright, opinions and advice is needed. Am i wrong about how i feel in this situation and if theres any advice you could give me, what would it be?

.I hate these bitchy women who are always right.Especially when you've explained till you're blue in the face.Nothing happened as you didn't want to take sides.For your pains,all you get is insulted.She'll never change and I think you know this.One day though you might just tell this bi tch the truth

Back