Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to start my windows 7 64 bit that don't start after overclocking?

I overclocked my amd athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 GH/Z to 2.420 GH/Z. The computer was working perfectly when I decided to overclock it more. When i did that my computer didn't boot up so i took off the bios battery for 30 minutes and then re-insert the battery in. The computer started and it was able to start windows. Then I re-overclocked it like the last time it was working and then I restart it. The computer could enter the bios settings but not start windows. I took off the bios battery again for 30 minutes and i re-insert it in. Still windows don't start after that. What should I do?
    I have tried F8 but it doesn't bring me to the Advanced Boot Options screen.
    1st: When I took off the bios battery, I had already unpluged the computer.
    2nd: I had already reseted the bios, to default ,several times.
    3rd: My CPU temperature never exceeded 50C. (even with overclock)
    4th: I didn't smell any burn odor.
    5th: I bought my pc second hand and it didn't come with the repair disc. (I don't even know If I have the original or a cracked copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit)

6th: Can I download a repair disc of windows 7 64 bit?
    Thanks for any reply!
    7th: F8, on boot, doesn't bring up advanced boot options. Brings up only a screen that give me the option to select the boot device with 3 options(My HD, USB Drive and DVD). I can't get into safe mode or something else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are greedy and now you have to buy a new computer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pull the CMOS BATTERY dude First unplug your PC Try Delete key and reset to default

Downloads
    Uploads
    turn your computer on and keep hitting f8 over and over until you get to the screen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another fine example of 'just because you can does not mean you should' and 'quit while you're ahead'...
    you'll most likely end up buying a new motherboard and it has to be an exact replacement or windows will not load because of the system configuration snapshot stored in the operating system, the CPU was not damaged UNLESS the core-temp exceeded 72C.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Duh, turn the overclock speed down? Unplug it and then remove the battery, leave it sit for 30 seconds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have burned a processor by overclocking before, however when this happens you should get an indication from POST(power on self test). When you first turn your PC on if your processor is bad you should hear a beeping code, if you do not hear this, than your processor should still be good. try smelling your case, when you burn a processor up it does create a burn odor. Go in your bios, reset to default, check your boot devices, make sure you are booting from harddrive. If you have an old spare hard-drive, try plugging it in and running the windows setup on it. Hope this helps
    Any time you plan on overclocking your proc, you need to be certain that you have sufficient cooling in your tower, also do not place the tower in a confined space.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try taking out all your RAM but one, should put the bios in safe mode and then down clock your CPU and you should be able to run windows

Downloads
    Uploads
    try reset your bios and cmos. motherboards nowadays have a button on them that reset the bios. try find your motherboard manual if you cannot find the button. you should be bale to find your motherboard manual online if you dont have your physical copy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have a repair or recovery or software installation disk that you can boot from if as you say "I have tried F8 but it doesn't bring me to the Advanced Boot Options screen" ?

You "may" have damaged the CPU as some have suggested, or it may be that your CPU was mishandling software commands due to being used beyond manufacturers recommended parameters and so there is some type of file corruption preventing the computer from booting.

In any event, if you can't get your computer to boot with options by pressing F8 when you power up, then you would need to boot from a repair or re-installation disk to get it to work in most cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast