Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP?! Iphone 4 can't restore while trying to update to iOS 5.0.1?

I've been trying to download the new iOS 5.0.1 software update but kept getting error 3259, something about the network, so after googling that and what to do I downloaded an alternate file to use to "restore" it in iTunes after others had said it worked for them - I backed up my iPhone and then held down the shift key while clicking restore in iTunes. Followed the instructions but now my iPhone's stuck on the screen telling me to connect it to iTunes, and then when I do it goes through like before I pressed restore and starts downloading the new update and then after a short while it pops up with a failure message stating "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone "iPhone" The network connection timed out" etc etc. What do I do?! HELP ME PLEASE!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    although this isnt what you want to hear, you need to take it to an apple store or contact apple. if the holding down to shift isnt working itll be hard to fix. this is their fault completely not yours, even if you used bad wifi (who were you to know that it wouldnt work). take it in to the store or email/call apple. thats probably the only thing that will fix it. id be mad if i were you too