I immigrated from China to Canada so how am I not white that I had to...

FAT

Sep 1, 2008
...argue with the Canadian census? The census phoned me why I checked the White box instead of the Chinese box I said I'm not Chinese I'm Canadian. Then the census said I don't have white features I said I sure do my skin is blond so I easily pass the Paper Shopping Bag Test used in 1950s America for determining who are white. Then the census said I'm not white because I don't have ancestry from Europe I said Europe is a man-made political entity with an artificial invisible border which means China can obviously be a European country plus white has nothing to do with European ancestry. Then the census said I'm not white because I'm not Caucasian I said the only true Caucasians are the people who live in the Caucasus region and speak a language of the Caucasian family of languages and not some Indo-European language. Then the census said my name Yongpeng Sun is not a European name I said sure it is because it's written in English unless you mean Hebrew Biblical names such as Joseph and Sarah and David and Paul and Adam which are from Israel in Asia are not European names either.

Caucasian, Asian, African etc. are determined by physical characteristics alone, not by political or geographical location.

Back