What would somebody on the con side of this issue argue......?

ilovehummus

Nov 9, 2011
I am doing a debate for my school. The topic is "Citizens over the age of 65 should be required to retake the driving test?"
Now, there are plenty of obvious pros to this resolution, since that is the easier side to argue. But I have been researching and I am still completely stuck as to what the cons of this resolution would be.
I was thinkin along the terms of it costing money, etc. but I'm not sure that making drivers retake their tests would even cost that much money.
Help?
it would just be once you turn 65, you have to take it again once and that's it.

well you could make the argument that a 65 yo driver is a better driver than a 16 yo. It would be a violation of freedom and discrimination based on age to assume they are not safe drivers. Regulations are bad for america. Laws should not be put in place unless absolutely necessary. I'd have to see some studies to prove car accidents increase sharply at 65

I believe they already have vision tests when you renew. As long as you can see, there is no reason to assume they forgot how to drive.

Back