Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Marines_ Angel

How the United States Became Involved In The Politics In South East Asia During The

1950’s? How the United States Became Involved In The Politics In South East Asia During The 1950’s

I need some websites please and help understanding this. Thank you I have looked all ove and cannot find anything.

superawesome PRIYA
    It was related to politics - communism. The USSR was the first communist nation. It built a sphere of influence in Eastern Europe. Then China fell in 1949 (this ENRAGED America). The US wanted to keep communism from spreading (communism) so they got involved where they didn't need to be, and helped the democratic groups fight communism. There were 2 wars - the Korean & Vietnam Wars, - that were fought to prevent the spread of communism. Hope that's a background.

Unregistered

Hope this Helps

ietnam was colonized by France starting 1858. World War II provided a break in French control with Japan invading. Immediately after WWII, the war for independence started with the First Indochina War.

The U.S. entered the politics of Southeast Asia as France exited. The U.S. intended to hold a balance of power, with the Soviet Union establishing colony-like dominance over many parts of the world.

The Vietnam War is part of the Cold War between the US and USSR, beginning with the Truman Doctrine. In the Far East, President Eisenhower accepted the domino' theory, that if if one country in Asia fell to the communists, the others would also become communist. Thus the United States intervened actively in Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey friends

I LOVE POLITICS

.................................................. .................

please contact me,

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Unregistered

Candle To: uteghjkred

Hey, What to you think about helping me in my politics class since you love it so much and I am assuming are really good at it. I am not fond of politics nor do I understand that much, but have to take a class for school. If your interested contact me @ [email protected] in the subject like put 'political help' so I will know that its not spam or junk mails. Thanks!