Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

iPhone Contract - Rogers Canada?

Purchased an iPhone 3 in 2009. Signed up on a 3 year contract. 1.5 years later, I upgraded to an iPhone 4. To do this. They made me sign up on a new contract for 3 more years. I would assume, what happens is we void the old contract and we now have a new 3year contract.

The old iPhone 3 has been sitting on my desk for 1 year, not connected, no bills coming for it. I use the new phone now. I want to send it to a friend in another country, so I phoned Rogers to un-lock the phone. They say. "we cant" it cannot be unlocked until the contract expires. I told them, The contract was void when I re-signed a new contract for the new phone! they say, yes, but their rules say they cannot unlock it until the original contract (that is null and void) expires.

I see something shady here! is it just me? I realize I can unlock the phone elsewhere, I just don't understand how they are able to hold me to stipulations of a Phone contract that they agreed to cancel in order to sign me up for an addition 3 years with the new phone.

Unregistered
    If you are not able to unlock your Rogers network locked iPhone 3G through your network provider, you can try to unlock it through any trusted private source. For example, you can visit SuperUnlockCodes.com and get the remote unlocking service. This method of unlocking an iPhone is safe, simple, affordable, quick and permanent. It doesn't require a jailbreak too. Good luck.