Not that I had more days than usual, but this was a long weekend. I spent Saturday at The College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering. They had a Community Day event where people could go and see what they did there. One of the big parts of the day was the tour of the semiconductor fabrication lab. Picture big giant rooms with yellow lights and people dressed in clean room suits. Neat stuff. I wish I had gone into that line of work. I think I’m too far from it now to start over (heck, I did a career switch!).
Later in the evening we we to see David Copperfield at the Palace Theater in Albany. Sadly, David got older too. It was a fabulous show, ofcourse. But David was less flashy and more funny that he had been years ago. Great magic though. He made thirteen random audience people disappear all at once from the stage, only to have them reappear in the back of the theater. I figured out how he appeared to get them back there without anyone seeing it, but I don’t know how he made them disappear in the first place.

I ran last night and again tonight. I’m a little sore. 3 miles again, each time. Not too fast, and I was really ready to stop when it was over. I found myself gaining weight again now that candy has begun to flow at the office. Maybe the running will kick my metabolism up a bit. I feel so ill after eating the candy, but it still tastes good. What I really wish I had was a package of frozen Italian sausage that I could eat instead. Even fatty sausage is probably better for me than the sugar. I just like the sugar though….