Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What should I do if my parents argue?

My parents have argued since they got married. The last two arguments, my dad told my mom she was going to leave her. I'm seriously afraid that their going to get a divorce.. What should I do if they get into a serious argument?

I'm 13 and im also afraid that this is going to cause me psychological harm or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait until a day they are not arguing set them down and tell them how you feel and how its harming you..Really when they are arguing they need to step in a room when you are not around..Sometimes when us parent are mad at each other we say things we dont mean..Really try to talk to them be nice choice good words tell them how much you love them and if they can go get help to work things out between them..Sorry you are going through that..When i were your age i went through it to but this was more of my dad against the whole family and i was to afraid to stand up to him about things like that..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Leave the house. go into your room and listen to music with the volume all the way up. do what ever you can to avoid and don't get involved. on of the most important things to remember.....if they do get divorced it is not your fault and don't have any regrets. some times parents are better off if they get divorced. mine did and i had to listen to them argue all the time when i was little. like i was saying the best option is to get away from it. go out for a walk or something to blow off steam. it really does work

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, divorce ef's with you, but get into some counseling. The one thing I can tell you now is that their divorce isn't your fault.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sit down and have a talk with them about how you feel. Explain that their fighting is scaring you and bothering you. You are their child, after all. they can't just ignore your feelings and continue this war. Sometimes parents have to put aside their difference and put their children first. Make them promise you that they will at least try to get along. If they can work past their disagreements, they will see that they don't need to get a divorce. and if they find that they need a divorce in the end, they can't say they didn't try.

You have to talk to them, not only for their marriage, but for your own emotional health. if you can't tell them your feelings now, you never will. and you will resent their choices for the rest of your life.

so please, talk to them about how you feel. i know this is a hard thing to go through, but i have faith in you. you can do it!

Hang in there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should tell them this bothers you and let them no how you feel about it.hopefully you can talk to them about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try telling them this : " Mom , Dad , You two have lost sight of an important ideal. It's not about being " right or wrong " or who " wins or loses " . It's about solving the issue at hand in a manner you both can live with ."
    Then ask them " Mom , Dad , aren't you two smart and mature enough to negotiate some kind of resolution you can both accept without having to get all hostile with each other ? "

Tell them if they can't play nicely that you are going to ground the both of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do what you normally do when they argue...I mean, you have been putting up with it for 13 years now.