...link and I'll answer yours!? This is a repost of a question I've asked earlier

Don't leave any bad comments, I'm tired of them...

First of all, I think I should tell you that I am a 17 year old girl who recently had a typical childish crush on a guy at my school who I don't even know. You know, those crushes where you can't explain it, but the person makes you really nervous and brightens up your day... Well, yes, I did look at him a lot, admiring him, and after a while he started looking at me back, even turning around and looking at me whenever I passed him. I lost the interest after a while and stopped giving him attention, but he's still looking at me. I think the rumors have something to do with him. A lot of guys (a lot!) from my school have started looking at me and sending stealthy smiles, and it's been going on for weeks. First it was just a little gang who knew my crush, but know we're talking about a lot of guys! I've decided to man up tomorrow and ask one of them what they've heard about me, cause I'm afraid they might have heard something untrue.

1. Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them?

2. If not... why?
3. What exactly should I say when asking about the rumors? I'll be less nervous if I know exactly what to say
4. Do you think they'll care to give me an honest answer?